Alan Grant's Velociraptor Killing Claw

Hi, Everyone!

My wife loves the Jurassic Park franchise, so I thought I would make her a velociraptor killing claw, much like the one Alan Grant had in the first Jurassic Park movie.

 

 


 First, I downloaded a claw STL file for 3D printing from the Thingiverse repository site (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3585364).  I used Overture black PLA filament and printed using my Artillery Sidewinder X1.  The print came out very nicely, but had the typically visible layer lines so I used Liquitex Modeling Paste to hide those lines and to provide a texture similar to fossilized bone.

When I was satisfied with the sanded finish, I laid down multiple coats of grey primer.  After that, I airbrushed thinned down black craft acrylic paint.  Once dried, I went over the model with Krylon UV-resistant clear matte acrylic coating spray.  Finally, I gave the textured areas some subtle weathering using earth tone chalk pastels.

Check out the pictures below.

I think it turned out rather well!

:)








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Polar Lights / Round 2 1:48 Area 51 UFO

Trumpeter Transformers Blitzwing

Revell 1:72 Razor Crest and 1:65 Outland TIE Fighter